So, you’ve just returned from a cobweb-clearing walk and crave a steaming mug of something indulgent to sip as you thaw out. Time to try our deliciously quick & easy Mexican Hot Chocolate, made even merrier with two shots of CRU Intense Roast Espresso and a splash of Mezcal (or tequila, rum, whiskey if you fancy - whatever your poison, this drink will take it). It’s the perfect way to get you right through to Christmas and beyond.
Makes 2/3 hot chocolates.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 shots of CRU Intense Roast Espresso
- 200ml water or milk
- 2 pinches of Ancho chilli powder
- Whipped double cream for the garnish
- 30ml Mezcal (optional)
- Chop the dark chocolate and place it in a saucepan, adding two shots of CRU Intense Roast Espresso before mixing in 200ml of water or milk (we recommend the milk to make sure this is super luxurious). Place this mixture over the stove on a gentle heat, stirring constantly until all the chocolate is incorporated. Make sure the mixture doesn’t boil!
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the Mezcal (for a non-alcoholic version, simply leave this step out), then sprinkle in two pinches of Ancho chilli powder and mix it all together. Top with some whipped cream if you fancy!