Blueberry Superfood Pancakes
Packed full of superfood ingredients, these little guys are the easiest way to enjoy pancake day without feeling too guilty. Fancy, fluffy & fruity, they’re a whole load of nice - with just the smallest pinch of naughtiness added for good measure.
Makes about 10 pancakes (good for 2-3 servings)
- 300g spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml oat milk
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200g blueberries
- Yoghurt (natural, vanilla, coconut - your choice!)
- Goji berries
- First off, place the ingredients for the syrup in a small saucepan, simmer and reduce reduce by half and then set aside. That's your syrup done!
- For the pancakes themselves whisk together all the dry ingredients, then mash the banana (the riper the better!)and add alongside the milk and egg. Combine these ingredients until you're happy with the consistency (a dash more milk might be needed), but don't worry too much about how pretty it looks!
- Once this is done, set it aside for 15mins before cooking. To do this, pop a non-stick pan on a medium heat and add a little oil. When hot, add your mix - each pancake should be around 3tbsp of batter, but if you're worried about consistency just use a pastry cutter or egg ring to guide your eye. Once in the pan, scatter with blueberries (as little or as many as you care for), and prepare for flipping.
- This shouldn't be more than 1-2 minutes, but you'll know when they're ready when the edges start to crisp and bubbles start forming on the surface. Once they're there, flip and cook for a further minute or so, depending on the heat of your pan.
- Once you have your pancakes done, stack 5 per plate, drizzle with the coffee syrup, drop a dollop of yoghurt on the top and sprinkle the goji berries and pecans on top. Perfect!