For this coffee-inspired recipe we've once again ventured into the world of no-bake desserts, this time with a delicious gluten and dairy free Raw Coffee Walnut Cake. This no-bake cake is simple to prepare and tasty too. With a tofu based frosting you might even be tempted into having a guilt-free second slice. You can find the full method written below or simply watch our step-by-step video for an easy guide on how to make this amazing dessert. Enjoy.
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of cashew nuts
10 Medjool dates
3 Tbsp CRU Kafe Dark Roast espresso
3 Tbsp Coffee Liqueur
2 Tbsp Ground almonds
450g Firm tofu
50ml Black strap molasses / Maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients for the cake in a food processor, apart from a handful of walnuts, and blitz. The mixture should hold together but still be a little grainy.
- Place into a lined pudding bowl and press down so there are no air bubbles or gaps left. Then turn out onto a cake stand and place in the fridge for 30mins.
- Meanwhile, place all the frosting ingredients into the food processor and blitz until super smooth.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and using a spatula smooth all the frosting onto the outside of the cake. Again return to the fridge for a further 60 minutes to allow everything to set.
- To serve sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and enjoy.
For our other no-bake dessert be sure to take a look at our Raw Coffee Nut Brownie recipe!