In celebration of World Vegan Month, we’ve whipped up a delicious gluten & dairy-free Coffee Walnut Cake. This no-bake cake is simple to prepare, tasty, and with it’s tofu-based frosting, innocent enough to warrant that second indulgent slice.
For the Cake
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 10 Medjool dates
- 3 tbsp Espresso (Medium-Dark Roast)
- 3 tbsp Coffee Liqueur
- 2 tbsp Ground almonds
- 450g Firm tofu
- 50ml Molasses (Maple syrup works just as well)
- Apart from a handful of walnuts, place all the ingredients for the cake in a food processor and blitz until the mixture holds together, but is still be a little grainy.
- Place the mixture into a lined pudding bowl and press down so there are no air bubbles or gaps. Then turn out onto a cake stand and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all the frosting ingredients into the food processor and blitz until super smooth.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and using a spatula smooth all the frosting onto the outside of the cake. Again return to the fridge for a further 60 minutes to allow everything to set.
- To serve sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and enjoy.