Any time is a good time to start a new Holiday tradition; so this year, how about introducing the much-loved Eggnog into your repertoire? This fabulously rich, creamy and merry concoction over a cup of our Organic Intense Roast is an amazing winter pick-me-up you won’t want to put down.
(Makes 8-10 cups)
- 750ml whole milk
- 450ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, halved and seeds removed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 clove
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 60g golden caster sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 75ml bourbon
- Shot of CRU Kafe Organic Intense Roast (1 per glass)
- Freshly grated nutmeg to garnish
- Toast your cinnamon, allspice and clove in a small saucepan over a low heat until fragrant.
- Add the milk, cream, vanilla pod to the seeds and spices and place over a medium heat - carrying on heating until it is steaming and slightly bubbling, but not quite boiling. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for at least 30 minutes (You can also leave it overnight in the fridge).
- Beat the egg yolks and sugars together with an electric whisk or freestanding mixer until the batter is pale, golden and falls in ribbons from the whisk.
- Strain this milk and cream mixture through a sieve and reheat until barely simmering (not boiling), and then combine with the egg yolks and sugar whilst stirring constantly. After a while, the 'batter' should start to thicken.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and leave to cool, then add your Bourbon.
- Whisk your egg whites until stiff peaks are formed and then fold into your mixture and refrigerate.
- Now it's time to put your CRU Twist on it! Pour a shot of CRU Intense Roast into a cup and allow to cool. Pour the refrigerated Eggnog on top of the Espresso and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.