The title is a mouth full, we know. But trust us, your mouth WILL BE full of these amazingly decadent Peanut Butter Oreo Coffee Bars (get it!?)
Whilst coffee and peanut butter might not sound like an ideal pairing, you'll find that the high acidic and sweet notes of our Organic Colombian coupled with the creaminess of peanut butter results in an unexpected but heavenly pairing. And the best part about these bars? You don't even need an oven. Simply pop in the fridge or freezer and voila! Delectable treats perfect to keep in the freezer whenever you need to indulge your sweet tooth.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Chill Time: 2 hours
You will need:
For the Oreo base:
- 1 1/2 pack of Oreos
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
For the peanut butter and coffee layer:
- 1 jar of smooth peanut butter (around 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- pinch of salt
For the chocolate layer:
- 200g vegan milk chocolate chips
- 100g vegan white chocolate chips
Not vegan? Not to worry - this recipe works just as well with regular butter
1. Crush the Oreos until they form fine crumbs. I would recommend using a blender for this. There's no need to remove the Oreo cream, you can blend this up too! Once blended, pour the crumbs into a bowl.
2. Melt the vegan butter in the microwave for 35 seconds until completely melted. Once melted, pour the butter into the same bowl as the Oreo crumbs and mix to combine. The mixture should be sticky. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin and push it down so that it forms a smooth even layer. Place the baking tin in the fridge while you prepare the middle layer.
3. Add the smooth peanut butter, vegan butter and icing sugar to a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and beat everything together using an electric whisk/stand mixer. Mix until it forms a light and smooth consistency. This should take around 3 minutes. Pour in 2 espresso shots of the Colombian blend and mix again. If the mixture is too runny, add more icing sugar until it thickens. Remove the baking tin from the fridge and pour the peanut butter layer over the Oreo base. Spread the mixture out as smooth as you can so that it forms another even layer. Place the baking tin back into the fridge for around 1 hour.
4. You can now start on the chocolate layer by melting the vegan milk chocolate either in the microwave in 20-second bursts or by melting it on top of the stove on the lowest heat. Once the milk chocolate is completely melted, melt the vegan white chocolate in a separate bowl.
5. Pour the milk chocolate over the peanut butter layer, making sure it reaches all of the edges and corners. Use a teaspoon to pour the white chocolate in little circles onto random places over the milk chocolate. Use a toothpick to swirl the white chocolate into the milk chocolate to create a marble effect.
6. Place the baking tin back into the fridge for around 3 hours or if you want them to set faster, place them in the freezer for 1 hour.
7. Once the bars have set, remove them from the fridge/freezer and use a sharp knife to cut them into 9 individual squares.