Is it even Easter if you don't have hoards of mini eggs in your pantry? For all of us at CRU, they're basically a household essential during the Easter season.
We teamed up with our friend and vegan food blogger, Shannon Michelle, to bring you these Espresso Chocolate Chunk Cookies, complete with mini egg toppings. Soft & buttery, loaded with coffee, chocolate and mini-eggs, this colourful recipe will be a sure favourite in your Easter spread.
You won't want to miss out on this one - time to get cracking!
Makes: 8 cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 vegan eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 shots CRU Kafe Organic Espresso
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate buttons / chunks
- 1 bag vegan mini eggs
Not vegan? No worries - you can easily substitute for the 'real' thing! The end result will be just as egg-cellent.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vegan butter, light brown sugar and caster sugar. Mix until well combined and the butter has softened.
- Add the vegan eggs to the same bowl along with the vanilla extract and CRU Kafe Organic Espresso. Mix again until well combined and there are minimal lumps.
- Add the plain flour and baking powder and mix until it forms a very soft cookie dough.
- Fold the chocolate buttons / chunks into the mixture.
- Scoop out the cookie dough onto the baking trays, making sure they are well distanced as the cookies will grow! you should fit four cookies per tray.
- Place the baking trays in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cookies are golden.
- Once the cookies have been removed from the oven, they will still be very soft, so use this time to poke the vegan mini eggs into the cookies, using as many or as little as you like!
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!