Is the thought of making a Christmas cake is too stressful, but you love the idea of decorating a good quality, shop-bought one? Check out this beauty. Topped with sugar frosted red berries, not only is the cake quick and easy to recreate at the last minute, it will also be the stunning centrepiece that you’re craving for your lavish table.
Go on, give this cake makeover (or should we say, "cake-over") a try!
Ingredients: The Cake
- 1kg ready-made fruitcake (either one you made earlier or shop-bought)
- 25ml Kahlua (or any coffee flavoured liqueur)
- 1 shot of CRU Intense Espresso
- 500g packet of marzipan
- 2 tablespoons of gingerbread syrup (See our Gingerbread Latte Syrup recipe.)
- 400g ready-to-use royal icing
- Icing sugar for dusting
Method: The Cake
Ingredients: Frosted Berries
- 1 egg white
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 punnet of red currants
Method: Frosted Berries
- Using a small brush, take one branch of red currants at a time and lightly coat with the egg white. Toss carefully in the sugar. Remove from the sugar and place on a wire rack.
- Leave in a cool dry place and until dry. Once dry, top your "cake overed" Christmas cake and wait for the compliments to pour in!