The perfect addition to Pancake day, this rich and creamy coffee-chocolate spread goes great alongside flambéd bananas, and can be kept in the fridge and spread on pretty much whatever you fancy in the week to come!
Granted, it's not the healthiest recipe we’ve ever created, but pancake day isn't really the time to worry about stuff like that, right?!
- 300g of hazelnuts
- 250g chocolate
- 150ml of espresso
- 200 ml of whole milk
- 75 ml of maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175C. Once heared, toast the hazelnuts on a tray nuts for 15- 20 mins, or until golden brown.
- Allow the hazelnuts to cool, then place them in a food processor and grind until smooth. Leave them in there whilst the other components of the recipe are getting done.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate (dark is preferred, but anything high-quality will go!) oven a bain marie.
- In a separate pan, whisk together the milk, espresso & maple syrup over a medium heat in a pan until warm through & combined.
- Add the milk & coffee mixture along with the melted chocolate back into the food processor (where your hazelnuts should be sitting) and blitz until incorporated, and as smooth as you fancy.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean jam jar, dollop some on your pancakes, and keep any leftovers refrigerated.