Full of festive cheer after a relaxed feast with old friends, you need a grand finale. This super-simple recipe for a rich and creamy nightcap is suitably impressive and can be prepared a few hours beforehand. Which means that you can spend more time chilling with your favourite people.
Makes 8 cups of coffee
125g CRU Ethiopian Shakisso Farm beans or ground coffee
4 teaspoons of ground cardamom seeds (discard the green outers)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground allspice
½ teaspoon of ground star anise
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
300ml double cream
1 tablespoon of icing sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons of brandy
Extra pinch of ground allspice
1. Combine the ground coffee with spices and mix well.
2. Brew coffee and divide among cups
3. Whip the cream until soft peaks are formed. Add the icing sugar and brandy and continue to whip until stiff peaks are formed. This can be done several hours in advance
4. Top the coffee with the whipped cream and a pinch of allspice
5. Of course, if you’re feeling totally indulgent, you could grab a moment to yourself at the end of a busy day over the festive season and make yourself this totally delicious Spiced Coffee with Brandy Whipped Cream. Simply serve it with one or two of our Coffee Mince Pies for a thoroughly deserved treat. Cheers!
Join the merrymaking…
Remember to share the love by posting your festive images on social media with #CRUMOMENTS and tag us @crukafe. Whether it’s a photo of one of your CRU merry makes, decorating the Christmas tree, drinking New Year’s Eve CRU cocktails or simply sharing a jolly moment with a friend over the holidays, we can’t wait to see them. Need inspiration? Check out our Merry Christmas Hub to see some of the amazing #CRUMOMENTS already posted by other CRU fans.
Send us as many festive images as you like by midnight on 31st December and each time you do, we’ll enter you in our competition to win free CRU coffee for a whole year*. Good luck!
You’ll also find all 12 of our delicious Christmas-inspired recipes on our Merry Christmas Hub - which one will you try next? Time to get creative…
*See the competition rules at crukafe.com/tandc