Dressed to kill, our CRU espresso martinis have been doing the rounds online for a couple of years now - but they're definitely not any the worse off because of it.
Super-simple to make (and super-stylish to serve), they're the perfect way to make sure your friends and family see in the New Year with a bit of gusto.
- 50ml vodka
- 35ml coffee liqueur
- 1 shot (25ml) of CRU Kafe Organic Honduran
- Ground cinnamon
- Coffee Beans
- Fill the cocktail shaker with a small handful of ice and pop an ice cube into your glass to chill both instruments.
- Pour the vodka, coffee liqueur and shot of the Organic Honduran into the bottom half of a cocktail shaker.
- Screw on the top half of the shaker and give it a good tap to create a vacuum seal and lock the liquid in, then shake vigorously. (You want the ice to smash up while chilling the liquid down; it’s what creates the frothy top.)
- Once shaken, tap the side of the shaker to break the vacuum seal and empty the ice out of the Martini glass, then place the strainer on top of the shaker and pour. Your shaker should have a built-in sieve, but if not, fish one out of your drawer as this really helps get the cocktail frothy.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, ground cinnamon, small clove and coffee beans. Serve and enjoy!