If you're anything like us and can't resist a good dessert then you're going to love this chocolate brownie recipe. Especially because our co-founder, John Quilter, has added a healthy twist to this classic dessert by making a raw, wheat-free and dairy-free alternative. Dare we say, it may even be good for you... at least this is what we're telling ourselves after polishing off his latest batch.
Makes: 8 brownies Time: 1 hour
100g ground almonds
50g Macadamia nuts
50g Cacao nibs
2 shots of Intense CRU Kafe organic espresso
200g chocolate chips
350g Firm tofu
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp Coffee liqueur
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
Sprinkle of Macadamia and Hazelnuts crushed
- Blitz the 150g Hazelnuts, with the dates, cacao, almonds and 2 shots of CRU Kafe organic espresso. Once blitzed into a paste add the remaining hazelnuts and macadamia nuts and blitz until chunky and incorporated. Note: Keep 3 of each nut back to crush and garnish with later.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and empty in your mixture, then place in the fridge to set for half an hour.
- Place the firm tofu, coffee liqueur, coconut oil and vanilla into a blender and blitz. Melt the chocolate and then add it into these ingredients while blitzing some more.
- Place the frosting on the brownies and smooth. Then return to the fridge for twenty minutes.
- Portion and then garnish with the remaining nuts.