A recipe for those with a bit of a sweet tooth. Makes 20 balls, 2 hours inc. chilling
- 400g 70% dark chocolate
- 20ml single cream
- 1 shot of coffee liqueur
- 1 shot of CRU Kafe Light Roast espresso
- 5g cacao nibs
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g toasted ground almonds
- Large bowl
- Medium sized pan
- Nespresso® machine
- Plates for each individual coating
1. Break up the chocolate into a large bowl and heat it up over a pan of boiling water and remove when melted (around 3--4 minutes).
2. Mix in the single cream, coffee liqueur and the shot of Light Roast espresso and stir until fully incorporated before adding the cacao nibs. Set aside to cool for 45 minutes.
3. Roll the chocolate ganache into small balls and coat with the cocoa powder or ground almonds.
For a bit of extra texture we recommend you try blitzing biscotti biscuits and hazelnuts together for the coating. If your family and friends are anything like the CRU Kafe team then your chocolate truffles will probably not survive an entire day. So be sure to enjoy them while you can!