We’ve put our heads together to bring you a series of top recommendations for iced coffee from around the world.
While compiling our list on top iced coffee from around the world we would be foolish not to mention the ultimate decadence in cold beverages. With rich coffee flavours blended into a creamy coffee milkshake, this drink has many different variations depending on who is making it. For our version of this indulgent cold coffee we have created a recipe with a bit of a twist, specifically for our vegan friends, with a dairy free alternative.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 50ml coconut milk
- 2 shots of espresso - Dark Roast
- optional: a dash of coffee liqueur
Frozen coconut cream:
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean pods
- 150ml light coconut milk
1) Begin by soaking the chia seeds in a splash of coconut milk - The longer you can leave them to hydrate the better.
2) Meanwhile, create the frozen coconut cream. Start by combining the vanilla and coconut milk in a pan. Scorch the milk by bringing it to the boil and then pop it in the freezer to cool down.
3) Once the cream has frozen combine it in a blender with the hydrated chia seeds and the espresso. We recommend our dark roast blend to create your Espresso. Blitz to create a smooth coffee milkshake.
This recipe may take slightly longer to execute but believe us, it’s worth it! Plus your vegan friends will think you’re an iced coffee guru. If you’re feeling daring why not add a dash of coffee liqueur for good measure, be sure to search for a vegan-friendly option if you wish to retain your guru status.
Recipe originally written by John Quilter for JamieOliver.com