Here at CRU Kafe HQ we put our heads together to bring you a series of top recommendations for iced coffee from around the world.
As temperatures begin to climb we could not be happier to pack away our winter layers and step outside to the feeling of glorious sunshine on our skin. Summer is officially in full swing and the team here at CRU wanted to ensure you are well equipped to enjoy your beloved coffee on those warmer afternoons.
The first on our list is known worldwide as the original iced coffee and is named after the Algerian town of Mazagran, where it is thought to have originated before being introduced into France in the 19th Century. Served in a tall,narrow glass, it quickly gaining popularity in the coffee houses of Paris.
- 2 shots of strong, hot espresso
- ice cubes
- ½ a lemon
- 1 glass of ice-cold water
1. To enjoy your own Mazagran simply brew your espresso nice and strong and then let it cool.
2. In a separate glass prepare some ice cold water with a splash of lemon juice. We recommend freshly squeezing your lemon juice to ensure you avoid the additives of the bottled version.
3. To finish mix together with your espresso to taste. If you prefer a sweeter drink then feel free to add some sugar.
4. For a bit of extra pizazz, we encourage you to garnish with a slice of lemon peel.
Once you’re done, be sure to take your Mazagran into the garden and enjoy while basking in the warm rays of the summer sun. If you have a group of coffee lovers, like the team here at CRU, then why not prepare larger quantities of the above recipe and serve in jugs for everyone to mix together themselves.
Over the next few weeks we will be exploring more iced coffees from around the world, be sure to visit us again for more ways to enjoy your coffee this summer.
Recipe originally created by John Quilter for JamieOliver.com