Looking to enjoy your favourite mocha coffee with a dairy-free twist? We've experimented with making our own cashew nut milk to use as a substitute in this recipe for a mocha coffee. If you've never been brave enough to try a nut milk before then why not have your first attempt be in a chocolatey mocha? It's a lot simpler than you may think and creates a delicious drink that is a favourite among our nut milk enthusiasts.
If you’d like to see our very own CRU Co-founder and Chef, John Quilter showing you how to make our cashew nut mocha step by step, watch our short video below. Then, it’s your turn…
Cashew Nut Milk
250g Cashew Nuts
4 Large Dates
1 tsp Vanilla bean extract
1.5 to 2 glasses of water
Mocha Coffee2 shots CRU Kafe Dark Roast Blend
1 tsp raw cacao powder
1) Soak cashew nuts in water for around 12-hours. Once soaked drain liquid & rinse the cashews.
2) Place the cashews, dates, vanilla bean extract and water in blender.
4) Blitz until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
5) Strain mixture through a piece of fine muslin cloth. Be sure not to squeeze too hard when straining as you may split the cloth.
6) Next prepare 2 shots of CRU Kafe Dark Roast espresso coffee.
7) Add raw cacao powder and mix in thoroughly.
8) Finally, pour in your cashew nut milk and enjoy!
Do you normally make any of your own nut milk? We'd love to know what you make and how you use it. Get in touch by following us @crukafe!