It's week two of 2017 and we want to know how your new year resolutions are going. If you're struggling with your commitment to healthy eating then we are here to help! This recipe for superfood pancakes is a little bit naughty with a whole lot of nice.
300g spelt flour
150ml oat milk
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free brand)
2 espresso (40ml) CRU Kafe Coorg Estate
2 tbsp runny honey
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ginger
100ml coconut yoghurt
25g goji berries
1. Place the ingredients for the syrup in a pan and reduce by half. Set aside.
2. Place the goji berries in a pestle & mortar to grind the berries into a dust. Set aside.
3. Whisk the pancake ingredients together, leaving aside the blueberries.
4. Use a nonstick pan on a medium heat and add a little oil to the pan. Place an egg ring into the pan, scatter in 4-5 blueberries and pour in 3 tbsp of the pancake mix.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes then when they are ready to turn, sprinkle 2-3 more blueberries on top and flip. This way you’ll see juicy berries sticking out of your pancakes and it significantly improves the presentation. Cook for another minute.
6. Once you have your pancakes done, stack 5 per plate, drizzle with the coffee syrup, drop a dollop of coconut yogurt on the top and sprinkle the goji dust and pecans on top.