Did you know...
- Artificial Intelligence is being used to prevent climate change.
- Hyperloop One may be the next transport revolution, using electric propulsion to change the way people travel…
- Uganda are world leaders in dealing with migration...
These are just a few pieces of information I picked up last week at WIRED2016, a festival of tech, ideas, design and innovation that both enlightened and blew me away.
How is this related to coffee you may ask? Well, here at CRU Kafe we teamed up with WIRED2016 to offer great organic coffee to attendees who had come from around the world, as well as enlisting our talented baristas to provide lessons on brewing the perfect Chemex. After all, if you’re going to attempt to pay attention to some of the most influential and forward-thinking speakers of our time, we figured a caffeine boost may be necessary.
Following previous collaborations at events such as WIRED Money, we were delighted to curate a unique coffee offering for their headline event of the year. As an ethical coffee company we also enjoyed the opportunity to team up with our friends from bio-bean to highlight how they are recycling coffee waste to create coffee logs and biofuels (more on this in a future blog post)... of course ensuring all coffee waste from the event was recycled.
Amazing speakers at the event included:
- Kavinn Bharti Mittal founder of Hike, and Indian messaging app that allows it's 100 million users to chat and share files without internet or data connection.
- Peter Piot helped identify the Ebola virus and has made considerable contributions to understanding HIV and Aids - for him the key to preventing future spread of disease is planning in advance... "don't set up a fire brigade when a house is on fire".
- Regina Catrambone founded the Migrant Offshore Aid Station, a search and rescue charity that patrols the Mediterranean for migrants in distress. During her talk she was pleased to announce that they had, that morning, rescued a boat of migrants with the youngest person being a 4-day old baby... quite incredible!
What better way to keep ahead of the game than with this forward thinking magazine who are truly at the forefront of innovation globally. We look forward to teaming up with WIRED again. Keep your eyes peeled!